All members of the board of The Center for Mindful Eating (TCME) must have a commitment and a desire to see TCME succeed. They will have an active interest in the principles and purpose of TCME and they willingly contribute from their own field of expertise as relates to TCME activities.
- Carry out the organization’s mission and vision
- Select, assess and support the executive team and management team
- Ensure adequate resources for the organization (through fundraising, in-kind services/supplies, and budgeting)
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Set, monitor and strengthen the organization’s programs and resources
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance
- Alignment with the TCME Position Statements.
- Voluntary participation for at least one three year term.
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings.
- Select at least one standing committee and one ad-hock committee to participate in throughout the year.
- Reading monthly updates and staying current with Center activities.
- Actively contribute to building our yearly offering by recruiting qualified speakers or authors or personally offering live events or writing blogs. Ideally, no more than two offerings per year.
- Be willing to communicate about TCME with associates and other interested parties.
- Represent the interest of professionals who share your area of expertise.
- Be willing to be contacted by TCME principals when a decision or perspective or feedback is needed.
- Program Development – Involved in planning the educational activities offered throughout the year.
- World Mindful Eating Month (WMEM) – WMEM occurs in January of each year. This committee is responsible for the planning and execution of all WMEM events.
- Board Governance – This committee is responsible for strategic planning, diversity and equity initiatives, board recruitment, and board policy.
Please submit your application using the link below along with a current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume. A Board of Directors Representative will contact you to set up an interview and request a Letter of Reference.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please email email@example.com.